Big Bash League Round 1 Betting Odds
When it comes to cricket, the Australian Big Bash League is the country’s premier domestic Twenty20 cricket competition. First established in 2011, the Big Bash is already in its fifth season and promises to deliver some serious big hitting cricket action. The 2016/17 Big Bash league has already got underway with the Sydney Thunder taking on the Sydney Sixers on Tuesday night. Round 1 will end on the 23rd of December when the Perth Scorchers take on the Adelaide Strikers.
The big final of the Big Bash League will take place on the 28th of January 2017. Punters who are looking to place future bets can get their bets in on which team they think will claim the title. The eight teams in this year’s Big Bash League include:
- The Adelaide Strikers – The strikers finished top of the league in the 2015/2016 but just could not make it count in the finals. They were easily swept aside in the semi-finals by the mighty Sydney Thunder team.
- Brisbane Heat – Having started the 2015/2016 season on a poor note, the Heat picked up their performance, winning three back to back games later on.
- Hobart Hurricanes – The Hurricanes were another team with three wins finishing just two points outside the top four.
- Melbourne Renegades – The Renegades have had a bad few years, finishing with three wins, the team has missed out on the finals for three years in a row.
- Melbourne Stars – The Stars have been consistently good, making to final four every year since the start of the competition.
- Perth Scorchers – The Scorchers are Australia’s most successful domestic T20 team. They have made the finals every year and competed in four grand finals.
- Sydney Sixes – After winning in 2013 and 2015, the Sixes won just two games last season to pick up the wooden spoon.
- Sydney Thunder – After finishing the season in fourth place, The Thunder toppled the completion to claim the 2015/16 title for the first time.
Round 1 Dates and Betting Odds
Round 1 of the Big Bash League got off to a great start on Tuesday Night. The dates and the betting odds for the rest of round 1 include:
- Match 2: Wednesday 21/12/2016 – Adelaide Strikers ($1.80) vs. Brisbane Heat ($2.00)
- Match 3: Thursday 22/12/2016 – Melbourne Renegades ($1.70) vs. Sydney Thunder ($2.15)
- Match 4: Friday 23/12/2016 – Sydney Sixers ($1.70) vs. Hobart Hurricanes ($2.15)
- Match 5: Friday 23/12/2016 – Perth Scorchers ($1.70) vs. Adelaide Strikers ($2.15)