Update on the 2016 Villiers Stakes Betting Odds and Barrier Draw
This Saturday punters and race fans are in for another bumper day of betting with the much anticipated Villiers Stakes race headlining the program. Held at the Royal Randwick Racecourse in Sydney, the Villiers Stakes is a Group 2 race for horses aged three-years-old and up held under handicap conditions. The race offers a total prize money of $250,000. Unlike many other races, the Villiers Stakes presents horses from New South Wales the opportunity to contest in a Group status race without having to travel to Western Australia.
In 2015, the race was won by Happy Clapper with Brenton Avdulla in the Saddle. This year, the field includes a few favourites along with some rather unexpected placings. If the betting odds are anything to go by, High Midnight is poised to make more of splash than previously thought.
Just recently online bookmakers have taken High Midnight from odds of $11 through to $9.50. Fabrizio is still the firm favourite to win the race. The Gai Waterhouse/ Adrian Bott trained horse is sitting at odds of $3. The Second favourite at the moment is Hazzabeel at odds of $8.50 rounding off the three horses that are still in single figures. The rest of the field are all in double figures ranging from $12 to $61.
The Barrier Draw
The barrier draw and odds for each horse is as follows:
- In Barrier 1 is Dibayani at odds of $18
- In Barrier 2 is Amovatio at odds of $12
- In Barrier 3 is Hopfgarten at odds of $20
- In Barrier 4 is Red Excitement at odds of $16
- In Barrier 5 is Malice at odds of $21
- In Barrier 6 is Rudy at odds of $26
- In Barrier 7 is Fabrizio ridden odds of $3.00
- In Barrier 8 is Pajaro at odds of $13
- In Barrier 9 is Centre Pivot at odds of $51
- In Barrier 10 is Big Memory at odds of $20
- In Barrier 11 is Hazzabeel at odds of $8.50
- In Barrier 12 is Kenjorwood at odds of $26
- In Barrier 13 is Sarrasinat odds of $13
- In Barrier 14 is Sense of Occasion at odds of $61
- In Barrier 15 is High Midnight at odds of $9.50
- In Barrier 16 is Berry Delicious at odds of $51
- In Barrier 17 was Loyalty Man who withdrew
- In Barrier 18 is Duca Valentinois at odds of $21