With Wimbledon looming on the horizon, tennis world No. 1 Ash Barty is refusing to hit pause even despite her premature exit from the French Open at Roland Garros over injury.
Barty said this week that while she’s certainly shed some tears following the news of her hip injury, she’s decided to now put all of that behind her. The Australian was forced to make an early exit from her second-round match against Polish opponent Magda Linette on Thursday.
Wimbledon is a big one for Barty, with the grass-court perfectly suiting her strengths and style.
She put her prowess on full display during 2019’s pre-Wimbledon win at Birmingham – the performance that initially bumped her into the No. 1 spot on the rankings for all of a seven-week run.
When asked earlier this week whether she thought she’d be good and fit to play in the London Grand Slam, which is now less than four weeks away, a smiling Barty said she “really” hoped to be and that she’ll continue to do everything necessary for giving herself the best chance possible.
Of her injury, the Australian said it’s an all new one and not something she’d ever experienced before in her career. Barty said the injury was new also to her physiotherapist and that her team are currently consulting with medical experts from all over the world hoping to gain more insight.
Barty said that her French Open exit aside, she remains confident about having a plan for a successful recovery with the support of her team.
|1||5/5||100% Match up to $250|| Bet now|
|2||4.9/5||100% Match|| Bet now|
|3||4.8/5||Login to view promotions|| Bet now|
|4||4.7/5||Login to see promotions|| Bet now|